Monday, May 6, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge

 If you are looking for my Whimsy and Stars Studio Blog Hop post, please CLICK HERE. 

Featured Designer Marisa Ritzen
Welcome to the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge! It is a brand new month and that means we are welcoming a new Featured Designer to the team for the "Merry" month of May! Welcome to Marisa Ritzen!! Marisa lives "across the pond" from me and I was so happy when she agreed to join us this month. I asked her to share a bit about herself.

Hi, my name is Marisa Ritzen and I was thrilled when Lesley invited me to be this month's Featured Designer!  I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada  -- the same province as Lesley!  Hopefully, we will be able to meet face to face one day!  Until then, I look forward to working alongside this wonderful design team for the month of May as well as getting some Christmas cards done early. 

I am a SAHM who runs a before and after school daycare in my home, and I also work for my husband's company.  I have two amazing children: a 12 year old son and a 14 year old daughter, as well as a husband who appreciates my need to have "me time".  


I was first introduced to stamping ten years ago through a Stampin' Up demonstrator whose daughter was at the same preschool class as my daughter. Three years later, I discovered Splitcoast Stampers and my stamping hobby/addiction took off with a vengeance.  Nothing gives me more joy that being able to create a hand-made card for a friend as well as being able to meet so many wonderful stampers around the world. Stampers are amazing and caring people!

Thank you Marisa! I can't wait to see what you share this month! Here is our sketch for the next week!!


For my card, I went with a clean and simple approach. My poinsettia was created using a retired SU! punch, I love that punch! I decided to use some light blue textured cardstock for my card, and I liked how the stamped sentiment looks on the texture! I have to tell you, I was not sure how it would stamp but I was pleasantly surprised!! I love taking risks!! 

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - 2W, 3C - Always Anything Goes 
Great Impressions - M, 3E, SIO - (May) Celebrations (ends 31st May) 

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Inks: Island Indigo
Papers: White (Flourishes), Artichoke & Red (SU!), Blue (Bazzill)
Extras: Baker's Twine, 5 Petal Punch (SU!), Gemstones (CTMH), Spellbinders, Big Shot

Welcome to our Guest Designer this week Benzi!! She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer!

21 comments:

  1. Lesley, your card is outstanding. I love the sentiment. It's gorgeous in every way.

    I'm so happy to see Marisa as Featured Designer this month. She'll make some beautiful cards, I'm sure.

    Thanks to all of you for letting me be Guest Designer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lesley, love the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Lesley, that flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Lesley! I love your take on this week's sketch with your pretty poinsettia and perfect sentiment! Love it!
    Have a wonderful week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and gorgeous = simply gorgeous! And hooray for having Marissa join the team - she is a sweetheart and I love her work! If I ever make the zillion mile journey to western Canada I will be calling you two right up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Christmas in May card!! Beautiful CAS design and the twine makes it so very festive! Thank you so much for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley, your card is gorgeous. Love the blue background and the beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. I love the clean and simple look. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!! Be sure to come back for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card Lesley, I love the clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley your card is beautiful and all the DT creations are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these cards! I can't wait to get making mine now! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and that Poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this, Lesley! Thanks again for the invite to be your Guest Designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty with the red, white and blue with a touch of green! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley, I love it...colors and design! awesome job by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful Xmas card Leslley! Love the colour colour for Christmas, the blue is unexpected, but really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sketch this week!! As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to find my Holly Berry House Snowflake and ink it up!! Thanks for the fun challenge and all the inspiration from the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the samples are just gorgeous!!! Thanks for an awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards ladies. I have just added the card I just finished.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the sketch, Lesley, and I love your card! Great color combo and the poinsettia looks fabulous against the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous card! I love the sentiment and the beautiful flower you created.

    Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)